Our best 8-channel DSP
State-of-the-art technology in established design – the DSP.3 has been continually refined and presents itself as our best digital 8 channel signal processor we have ever built.
Incredible sound experience – ready for High-Res audio
Searching for the perfect sound pushes our engineers on and on. The 64 Bit audio DSP and throughout sophisticated signal processing with 96 kHz sampling rate and native 32 Bit resolution as well as the new separated AD and DA signal converters from Asahi Kasei provide outstanding sound quality. Ideal for the processing of High-Res audio signals with an audio bandwidth of more than 40 kHz. Besides that the DSP.3 offers our unique DSP sound features like the ”Augmented Bass Processing”, the “StageXpander” or the “RealCenter“ function which open new possibilities to tweak your audio system. Together with the 6 V RCA outputs the DSP.3 sets a new benchmark in this price range.
ACO – Advanced 32 Bit platform
Logically the DSP.3 is now equipped with the new, extraordinary powerful 32 Bit ACO (Advanced CoProcessor) platform. This takes over all monitoring tasks and provides a decisive speed increase particularly in data communication with our DSP PC-Tool software, but also when switching between different sound setups in only 300 msec. In addition, the ACO offers 10 internal memory locations for sound setups instead of the usual two as well as an integrated, channel-separated Input EQ and our Input Signal Analyser (ISA) for easy analysis and compensation of input signals. By doing so it is possible to de-equalize any ex-factory sound tunings which significantly simplifies the integration of several signal sources.
Extensive basic feature set
Of course, the high-level input with ADEP.3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection, 3rd Generation), the Auto Remote switch, an optical input as well as the HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC slot) for system add-ons like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming or High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB are part of the basic feature set.
Needless to say that the HELIX DSP.3 can be configured as easy as usual thanks to the professional and particularly user-friendly DSP PC-Tool Software V4.
- Inputs: 6 x high level and low lo, 1 x Optical SPDIF (12-96khz), 1 x Remote
- Outputs: 8 x Low level, 1 x remote (You can also have 1 SPDIF output when running a HEC module)
- ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection) in the high-level input for circumventing factory-made loudspeaker diagnostic systems,
- “Auto Remote” switch for activating / deactivating the automatic turn-on feature of the high-level input
- HELIX Extension Card Slot (HEC). This allows adding further interfaces, such as the APTX Bluetooth module or the high resolution usb dac module.
- Freely definable signal routing with separate matrices for line, SPDIF and HEC/AUX
- “Ground lift” switch to avoid ground loops
- Time alignment with up to 20 ms delay time per channel, additionally reverse time alignment for in-phase summation of the inputs
- Butterworth, Bessel, tschebyc, Linkwitz-Riley and self defined cross over choices with up to 42db/oct.
- 30-band parametric equaliser
- Built in RTA function (requires Helix MTK1)
- BurrBrown AD/DA converters
- 6v Pre outs at 0.002-0.0008% THD+N
- Dimensions: 177 x 120 x 40mm