Super-slim profile, big-time power
Car amps have come a long way. Kenwood's Excelon XR900-5 car amplifier can power your entire audio system while taking up an astonishingly small amount of space — it's about the size of a piece of computer paper, and it stands only 2" tall. But this compact 5-channel workhorse will send 60 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, along with up to 600 watts RMS to your subs. You could also use the XR900-5 in 3-channel mode to drive a pair of high-performance speakers or components with 150 watts RMS each, while still feeding 600 watts RMS to your sub.
Designed for optimum efficiency
Kenwood packed this amp with space-saving features. Class D technology reduces the size of the power supply, while the internal heatsink is tilted to reduce height without compromising the amp's cooling system. Recessed power and speaker wire terminals help to further reduce the amp's footprint, protect the connections, and give your installation a neat, professional look.
Controls for the best sound
You can contour the sound with high- and low-pass filters so your full-range speakers play efficiently and sound their best. The front and rear channels have separate gain and filter controls so you can adjust for different types of speakers. The subwoofer channel features its own low-pass filter that'll send the correct frequencies to your sub and enclosure, with an adjustable bass boost that adds some low-end punch when you want it. And Kenwood protects this sharp-looking amp with its Excelon 2-year warranty.
- 5-channel amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters on front and rear channels (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Class-D amplifier design
- cooling fan
- frequency response: 20-20k Hz
- preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-1/4"W x 2-1/16"H x 6-11/16"D