The N°7 is a 3-way kit designed around a very innovative ultra compact midrange, a tiny three-inch speaker called 3 W2. The unique characteristic of this 3″ mid is that it plays from 200 Hz upwards. Most three-way kits cross to the midrange speaker at 400 to 600 Hz which means that there is a crossover point in the middle of the frequencies used by most human voices, which causes some strange effects, for example a singers voice switches between speakers halfway through a note. If you can mount this Focal 3″ and the Be tweeters above dashboard level, you will achieve staging and imaging unmatched by any other brand of speakers. This kit will require expert and customised installation in most cars but is a breakthrough in what is achievable in car audio.
These three kits come with the Crossblock stereo filter, which controls and harmonizes the driver units. Thanks to no less than 4480 combinations of electrical adjustments, the Crossblock will allow the user to reveal the full extent of the Utopia Be performance. These systems are perfect for serious competitors and passionate audiophiles who like to control and adjust every aspect of the systems performance.
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4″ woofers, two 3″ midrange speakers, 2 tweeters, 1 external crossover, and 2 woofer grilles
- foam and glass fiber composite sandwich 6-3/4″ woofer and 3″ midrange speaker cones
- 1″ Beryllium inverted-dome tweeter
- 3-way external “parametric” crossover with 4480 combinations of settings
- 4-ohm impedance
- power range: 15-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB @ 2.83 V
- top-mount depth: 2-7/8″
- luxury aluminum carrying case