The three-way elliptical coax CX 690 featuring a 6×9 in. cone was designed to achieve maximum performance in horizontal installations and offering, even in this difficult condition, an exceptional tone balance and power handling.
1. 6×9 in. semi-pressed paper elliptical cone SPP-M (Semi Pressed Paper-Mica) enhanced with Mica powder for an excellent balance between lightness and damping.
2. Wide rubber suspension engineered for a long excursion and excellent sound damping.
3. High-density flux ferrite magnet combined with low-carbon polar plates for reduced distortion at high power levels.
4. Basket with metallic finish acoustically combined with a rubber magnet cover for total damping of spurious vibrations.
5. 40 mm (1.58 in.) dome tweeter for efficient distortion-free mid-high frequency reproduction.
6. 20 mm (0.8 in.) dome super tweeter to maximise the level of very high frequencies in horizontal installations.
7. Tweeter faceplate geometry optimised with FEM simulations (Finite Element Modeling), to provide an extremely linear frequency response in off-axis installations.
8. Provided elegant grille made with high-resistance ABS plastic structure with a metallic finish combined with a protective metal mesh.